LED 2.0 Objectives
LED technology is transforming the lighting industry. However, the high cost of lighting class LEDs has prevented deployments on a large scale. LED 2.0 is founded by a team of environmentally conscious technologists with the following objectives:
- Enable smarter lighting by minimizing wasted energy
- Make LED lighting affordable to everyone by reducing Capital Expenses (CAPEX), Operating Expense (OPEX) and Disposal Expenses (DIPEX).
- Enable great savings in power that can be realized in large-scale deployments.
Uniqueness of LEDs
LEDs are different from existing sources of light. It is well understood that they can provide good conversion efficiency. But there are other differences that can be leveraged to achieve significant energy savings:
- Point source of light
- Directional light source
- Low temperature operation
- Availability in different color temperatures
- Low incremental wattage
Because of these differences it is necessary to engineer a lighting solution that can meet stated lighting objectives. At the same time we can offer better performance at a fraction of the lighting cost.
LED technology is also changing rapidly:
Any solution built around LED should be able to adapt to changing technology.
- Lumen efficiencies are improving very fast
- LED lifetime is increasing
LED 2.0’s lights and drivers are designed and built from scratch with the objective of making the best technology in lighting to be made available to people in both developed markets like the U.S. and emerging markets like India where reliable lighting can transform the society by enabling access to education at night.